Saturday, January 30, 2010

Hoppe's Boresnake Review

Here's a great tool to help make cleaning your gun much faster! It's called the boresnake, by Hoppe's. It's inexpensive (about $15 from your local gun store or online retailers such as midwayusa.com) and makes cleaning your barrel much simpler. They're caliber specific, and come in pistol and rifle varieties (rifle boresnakes have a longer cord for pulling through the longer barrels).

Forget running bristles and patches through your barrel for what seems like forever. With the boresnake, you just need to put some oil on it, and pull it through a couple of times to get the barrel as clean as it's going to get. Check out the following video for my review and to see an example of how to use it.

This is my first video review, so please check it out here, but don't forget to subscribe to my channel on youtube. I plan to do more of my reviews via video as it's much faster than writing and shows you the product in action. Feel free to leave any "constructive criticism" about the video as I'm open to anything that would help me improve the usefulness to you.

Take care, and happy shooting!

- Straight

4 comments:

  1. Great review!!!! Can you do a review on different cleaners and lubricants some time? I'm not sure I'm using the best stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, I will definitely try to bring you several different cleaners/lubricants that I use or have experience with. There are a lot of choices out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had never heard of a boresnake (well I had seen them in the stores) until Straight recommended it. I haven't used anything since.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's a great tool to help make cleaning your gun much faster! It's called the boresnake, by Hoppe's. It's inexpensive (about $15 from your ... boresnake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete